Wat Chedi Luang Varaviharn

Wat Chedi Luang Varaviharn

Wat Chedi Luang Varaviharn is located in the center of old Chiang Mai city on Prapokkloa road, just south of the Three Kings Monument. It is one of the most important  temples in Chiang Mai and is always busy with locals and tourists.

Initial construction was in 1385 and completed in 1475 when it was expanded.  The partially crumbling Chedi is guarded by Nagas at the entrance and Elephants emerging from the sides.  The Viharn was built next to the Chedi early last century. The Venerable Acharn Mun Bhuridatto Viharn is also in the complex.

Click on the gallery photos below.